13 Oct Year of Mercy Concluding Mass: Sun., Nov. 20
1. I professed temporary vows on July 13, 2013 at Old Mission Santa Inés in Solvang, CA.
2. I professed perpetual vows on April 29, 2017 at San Lorenzo Seminary in Santa Ynez, CA.
3. I am a lay brother.
4. I am from Van Nuys, CA.
5. Before I was accepted to be a postulant, I enrolled in community college courses at Los Angeles Valley College and East Los Angeles College. I was majoring in philosophy. My goal was to begin studies while I applied as a postulant to the Order.
6. After graduating from high school, I asked God who I was, what I was meant to do. While I was going to Mass daily and frequently received the sacrament of reconciliation, I discerned that God called me to this way of life. I was accepted as a postulant in 2011 and then entered the Order in 2012 at the San Lorenzo Seminary novitiate in California. During temporary vows, I studied philosophy at St. Mary’s College of California in Moraga. After I graduated and professed perpetual vows, I studied theology online with the University of Notre Dame and was assigned to be the caretaker of our older brother Joe Slominiski at San Lorenzo Seminary.
7. Currently, I am the guardian at Old Mission Santa Inés and the caregiver of Br. Joe Slominski, O.F.M. Cap.
8. My favorite Capuchin saint is Padre Pio. I frequently prayed to him when I was discerning religious life.
9. I am a certified catechist. I enjoy learning about computer innovations for gaming and eating with the brothers at In-N-Out or Jack in the Box.