09 May Capuchin St. Anthony’s Feast Day Event: Sun., June 12
Join us on Sunday, June 12, 2016 (11 a.m. to 11 p.m.) for the Capuchin St. Anthony’s Feast Day Event! Dine at Mona Lisa Restaurant in North Beach this day and support the Feast of St. Anthony and the Capuchin Franciscans Western America Province. Enjoy lunch or dinner featuring a special Capuchin St. Anthony’s meal, or enjoy any item on the menu. Meet our Capuchin friars and celebrate with family and friends.
A portion of the day’s proceeds will be donated to the Capuchin Franciscans Western America Province by Mona Lisa Restaurant to support the California Capuchin ministries and Mission in: education, parish, prisons, and VA and hospitals throughout the state.
No advance tickets or reservations required. Other Capuchin activities available in the afternoon:
– Tour the National Shrine of St. Francis of Assisi (across the street)
– Enjoy a 3 p.m. Capuchin Musical Concert by Capuchin Brothers Music, featuring Catholic Rock, Hip-Hop and music from their new CD: Metanoia – ‘A change of Heart’.
Hope to see you there. Questions: please call Capuchin Development at 650-347-1505
1. I professed temporary vows on July 13, 2013 at Old Mission Santa Inés in Solvang, CA.
2. I professed perpetual vows on April 29, 2017 at San Lorenzo Seminary in Santa Ynez, CA.
3. I am a lay brother.
4. I am from Van Nuys, CA.
5. Before I was accepted to be a postulant, I enrolled in community college courses at Los Angeles Valley College and East Los Angeles College. I was majoring in philosophy. My goal was to begin studies while I applied as a postulant to the Order.
6. After graduating from high school, I asked God who I was, what I was meant to do. While I was going to Mass daily and frequently received the sacrament of reconciliation, I discerned that God called me to this way of life. I was accepted as a postulant in 2011 and then entered the Order in 2012 at the San Lorenzo Seminary novitiate in California. During temporary vows, I studied philosophy at St. Mary’s College of California in Moraga. After I graduated and professed perpetual vows, I studied theology online with the University of Notre Dame and was assigned to be the caretaker of our older brother Joe Slominiski at San Lorenzo Seminary.
7. Currently, I am the guardian at Old Mission Santa Inés and the caregiver of Br. Joe Slominski, O.F.M. Cap.
8. My favorite Capuchin saint is Padre Pio. I frequently prayed to him when I was discerning religious life.
9. I am a certified catechist. I enjoy learning about computer innovations for gaming and eating with the brothers at In-N-Out or Jack in the Box.